[kwlug-disc] Heuther parking and comments thread

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Jul 9 10:34:30 EDT 2009

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> [...] wi-fi worked fine up in the pub area one floor up (massively
> strong signal), and it still worked great in the meeting room.  so i
> don't see a restriction on wi-fi based on location in that building.

The Lion's Brewery is below the main level, below ground level.  My
pocket WiFi detector picked up a strong signal at one point, but the
cook was probably microwaving nachos or something (it's cheap, only
detects RF, not an actual WiFi carrier).  There was no usable signal for
computers.

I'm saying this because there's a smaller room at the back of the main
area that John and Unsolicited probably looked at for meeting space.
Unlikely to be any WiFi there either.

Adam Glauser wrote:
> John Kerr, would you mind asking the management if we would be able to
> post a couple of "KWLUG --->" signs to help people find the room?
> This would also be helpful if we were to take the larger room on
> occasions when we expect a particularly large turnout.

For the KWIUG meeting the staff allowed me to place a table standup
(about the size of one of those plastic menu holders) at the upstairs
bar and the hostess' station.  But with the maze of twisty little
passages at the Huether there should probably be more prominent signage
if we can get it.

--Bob.