[kwlug-disc] Heuther parking and comments thread

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Jul 9 00:16:38 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 11:28:54PM -0400, unsolicited wrote:

> Can people comment on typical attendance at meetings? I sense the 35
> there was about average.

It was well above average for a summer meeting. It was a bit on the
high side for a regular meeting, but not by much.

It is not clear to me how attendance might change if we stay at the
Heuther. We might see more students from the universities. (Beer +
Linux = motivation).

We were allowed to move stuff at The Working Centre because there were
staff to move things around or back. But if the Heuther is open to us
rearranging things we could well get some more space.

Two things that come to mind about the current room:
  0. Adam noticed that it involved a lot of stairs.

  1. It is not clear to me that minors can attend KWLUG meetings. (We
  have had a few minors at previous meetings.) I would hope that this
  is not going to be an issue, but I don't know for sure.

- Paul