[kwlug-disc] Further meeting topics, further FLOSS Fund recipients

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Jul 8 23:49:47 EDT 2009

The meeting on Monday was great.  It would have been great anywhere,
regardless of venue, no matter what previous poster KB says. (KB,
Knowledge Base.  Coincidence?  I think not!)

At any rate, I now need to have my horizons expanded by learning the
intricacies of Apache configuration files.  Many thanx in advance for
the excellent presentation we will have in September.

The LAMP presentation also highlighted my ignorance of things MySQL.
I'd love to see a "MySQL for Newbies" at some future meeting.  "SQLite
for Newbies" would be good too.

Finally, is it appropriate to nominate something like MySQL for FLOSS
Fund contributions, since it's controlled by organizations (Sun,
Oracle) that are, at their core, for-profit, non-open corporations?
Actually, I don't think MySQL even accepts financial donations[1],
but what about the general principle of contributing to commercial
organizations?

--Bob.

[1] http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Contributing