[kwlug-disc] Rogers Bandwith Limit - Consequences of exceeding?

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Fri Jan 30 13:19:28 EST 2009

Rick wrote:
> Rashkae <rashkae at tigershaunt.com> writes:
>> ... kicking sleeping
>> homeless people to the head.
>
> Well la-de-da Mr. I-Got-High-Speed

I'm sorry if my tone was condescending.  I only meant to point out that
there would be no reason for any ISP to throttle a dial-up account.

I live in an area where I provide service to several people on dial-up,
since there is no other option other than Satellite (which is expensive
and no panacea).  Fortunately, terrestrial Microwave networks are
gradually spreading out to cover the dead spots.