[kwlug-disc] Rogers / DNS redux (?)

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Jan 18 17:38:15 EST 2009

Just came across this bit:
<<<<<
Yes nonsuch, I've experienced the same situation for many months.
Adjusting MTU does NOT fix it. Rogers injects RST packets on both
sides of the connection. Get a copy of WireShark and you'll see it.
After that dns lookups fail. This has nothing to do with the number of
connections or data transfered. Just browsing websites is enough. This
equipment from Narus, Roger bought is either junk or Rogers doesn't
have it setup incorrectly. VERY frustrating!!!

(http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r18992759-Rogers-killing-SecureIX-Relakks-VPN-connections)

Could this be / have been, part of your DNS problem Paul? Particularly
the 'goes goofy' / 'suddenly starts working again' part?

I'm on Rogers as well ... not infrequently I see firefox attempting to
resolve a name, and it seems to take an unreasonably long time. Which
is why the bit above got my attention.