[kwlug-disc] FOSS on mobile event @ Accelerator Centre, Feb 4th

Abdullah Bakhach abakhach at fossfactory.org
Tue Jan 6 12:42:13 EST 2009

Hey Folks,

We are having a tutorial on Feb 4th in the Accelerator Centre to discuss
open source development on the mobile platforms.  This is a joint effort
between FOSS Factory <http://www.fossfactory.org/>(my company) and
FOSSLC<http://www.fosslc.org/>.
Both organizations are dedicated to lowering the barrier of entry into open
source software development.  FOSSlc does that by providing friendly
workshops <http://www.fosslc.org/drupal/videos> where people can get
introduced to O/S, FOSS Factory does it by providing a market place that
connects the collective demand and supply for open source software.  This is
our first session together, FOSSlc has held many other
seminars<http://www.fosslc.org/drupal/videos>all over the world.

We have already confirmed a speaker <http://www.saurik.com/> for the iPhone
who we will be flying in from Santa Barabara, CA, and we've also confirmed a
speaker for OpenMoko who's coming from Ottawa, Canada.  We are working round
the clock to find a speaker about Android as well.

The session will be from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm and is free for all to attend!
Refreshments will be served.  If you know someone who may qualify to speak
about Android please let me know!

Abdullah Bakhach
FOSS Factory
President & co-founder