[kwlug-disc] Configuring a WinTV-HVR-1600

Andrew Kohlsmith (lists) aklists at mixdown.ca
Sun Feb 15 22:45:42 EST 2009

On February 14, 2009 12:42:32 am john at netdirect.ca wrote:
> You are able to get over the air digital signals with this card, maybe
> that's worth it.

There is no over the air digital content in this region, to my knowledge and
confirmed by my fruitless efforts to obtain it with various antennas and
positioning gymnastics.

So I gave the HVR-900 and antenna to my brother in Whitby, and now rsync over
what I record on his myth box after transcoding to h.264.  It's certainly not
perfect, but at least I can watch the Mercer Report in HD.  :-)

-A.