[kwlug-disc] Fwd: Canadian Gov RFI on FOSS

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 14:27:00 EST 2009

The Canadian government's asked for comments from "suppliers" of "no
charge licensed software", by which they apparently mean free and open
source software.

The Ubuntu Canada LoCo Team looks like it's going to put together a
submission, possibly with the help of Canonical.  If you are or are in
contact with anyone in Canada who the government might consider a
supplier or free software, open source software or freeware, you might
want to pass this link along.

Also, if you have or know anybody who has experience crafting
government RFI submissions, Ubuntu Canada can definitely use your
help.  Or if you just want to join in the discussion, by all means
jump on the ubuntu-ca mailing list.

Thanks,
Darcy.