[kwlug-disc] Linux Fund Card Canada

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Wed Feb 4 22:50:05 EST 2009

unsolicited wrote:
> Was at the fosslc event tonight. When I got home I accidentally browsed
> on http://fossfund.org/ instead of http://www.fossfactory.org/.
>
> [Any suits imminent or confusion with FLOSS Fund?]
>
> Click on the first link above ... interesting ... click on the link in
> there (to http://linuxfund.org/). On the left, under fundraising click
> on reward cards. Go to the bottom.
>
> A Linux VISA credit card (U.S.) but at the bottom a Linux MBNA
> Mastercard (Canadian)!
>
> Who'da thunk!
>
> Is that a penguin in your pocket ...
> '

I love the fine print on the second page of that credit app.. At least
they are up front that unless you tell them otherwise, they assume they
have your consent to use your info to market 3rd party un-related
services, such as long distance plans.  I may be wrong, but I think
that's a bit unusual for CC companies.