[kwlug-disc] small biz accounting packages on linux / any recommendation for naturopath doctor software?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Dec 30 15:53:56 EST 2009

It is probably necessary to link the client list with the remedies
database. Payroll would need integration if a client is associated with
an individual practitioner, and remuneration (payroll) is based on the
client history and remedies sold.

Integrated software for medical practitioners will do a better job than
two or three individual applications, even if each individual
application is better suited to its niche.

--Bob

Eric Gerlach wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 07:18:00AM -0500, Daniel Villarreal wrote:
>
>> Naturopaths don't deal with pharmaceuticals at all, they need to book
>> appointments, manage a database of herbal remedies, and manage client
>> information. Payroll is another possible need.
>>

> As a believer in the UNIX philosophy, I'd say that you'd probably want
> three pieces of software there: one to manage clients and appointments,
> one to manage the DB of remedies, and one for accounting/payroll.
> Having that all in one package will just mean it's mediocre at all
> three.
[...]