[kwlug-disc] why not pick a kwlug project for the web site?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Dec 30 12:52:27 EST 2009

To the best of my knowledge, each member is able to post whatever info
about themselves they wish. There are no restrictions, and no
requirements. kwlug.org itself does nothing with it.

A few years back I brought my camcorder one night and set up a 'booth'
for attendees to take their own headshot. I then copied the photos off
the camera and sent them to each individual. The idea being they could
then use the resulting digital photo for their kwlug.org profile
picture. Perhaps a dozen people got pictures. Fewer, if any, actually
used the shot for their profile. FWIW.

Perhaps members could, if they're so inclined, at least put links to
other sites if they have more profile info there. Things like
facebook, however, are irritating - one must be a member to get to the
link sometimes.