[kwlug-disc] What would people like to do, under the auspices of kwlug?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Dec 26 19:10:36 EST 2009

john at netdirect.ca wrote, On 12/26/2009 5:25 PM:
> -----kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org wrote: -----
>
>  >To: KWLUG discussion <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>
>  >Depending on the project, email is pretty effective.
>  >
>  >I don't mind if a small subgroup just uses the KWLUG mailing list
>  >to discuss their pet project, if that works for them.
>
> What about a sourceforge type solution. Mailing list, file repository,
> home page, etc.

<sigh>
<blush>
<deeply, on so many levels>

Between the time I asked, and some of these later responses, I created
  https://www.bigtent.com/groups/kwlug.

Think yahoo / google groups on steroids. The only such I've come
across that allows subgroups.

(I have no experience with bigtent, but did come across it some time ago.)

It includes forums, news, events, photos, files, calendar, reviews,
polls, e-mail (I think) and I don't know what all else.

	If anyone has thoughts, experiences, opinions on bigtent, please
chime in. I have no experience myself. Please check it out.

I can see sourceforge if a beginning repository becomes useful (if
files on bigtent are insufficient), but I seem to remember some here
don't regard sourceforge in a very good light. Better alternatives?

I've, so far, only created forums for General Discussion, kwlug
Discussion, and New Member Help. The only event is the Jan. 4 meeting.

If it's useful, go ahead and start using it. I can create sub-things
as demand is identified, create group, file, forum, admins/moderators,
whatever, and so on.