[kwlug-disc] Wireless for January

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 23 21:28:17 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 06:44:13PM -0500, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:

> Question: who will provide the internet uplink? St. John's kitchen?

Yes. We have internet at 97 Victoria, and I will throw a wireless
router onto that. I will make some incompetent attempt at protecting
the rest of our network from KWLUG hackers.

Also I will use WPA with a weak passphrase, because Andrew is right.

Fortunately the router I ended up using is one of the unpopular
late-edition WRT54Gs, so I won't have to worry about Lori reflashing
the BIOS and installing Asterisk on it during the meeting.

- Paul