[kwlug-disc] Wireless for January

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Dec 23 17:21:27 EST 2009

I have an old wireless router (Linksys BEFW11S4) that I am thinking of
connection at 97 Victoria for January's meeting. Should I configure it
to use WPA security (with a weak passphrase) or should I leave it
unsecured?

This will be set up temporarily. It will go up before the meeting and
come down afterwards. I worry a little that bad people will hack into
our internal stuff but I hope this worry is misplaced.

If you have some advice for how I should configure this thing so it is
useful during the meeting please share.

- Paul