[kwlug-disc] kwlug on twitter?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Dec 23 03:25:29 EST 2009

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009, Bob Jonkman wrote:

> Done!  http://identi.ca/kwlug/ and http://twitter.com/kwlug/

  eggcellent.  i just followed twitter kwlug.  and as for its purpose,
someone from kwartzlab earlier mentioned that they use it and i'm
following that, too.  and its value to me is actually to just keep
prodding me to get down there some day -- i read my twitter regularly,
occasionally see something from kwartzlab and, even if it has no
interest for me, it makes me think, "dang, i really need to check that
out some day."

> It's a do-ocracy, right?  So I do-ed.

  and you doned well, thanks, which means you have the power to
generate tweets, so the stuff i can see tweeting that fits in 140
characters is, say, a pointer to where i recently collected links to
all my kernel newbie columns (which i'll be restarting in the new
year).  with a URL shortener, a reference to that page easily fits in
140 characters and there's no conflict of interest since it's not like
i make any money off of people reading that stuff, it's all there for
the public interest.

  of course, tweeting it *now* wouldn't have much value. :-)

rday

p.s.  oh, right, the URL:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Kernel_newbie_columns