[kwlug-disc] Guest Speakers

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 12:00:05 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Robert P. J. Day
<rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>  speakers, well ... i remember some dude from the open software
> foundation (OSF), and once there was john gage, senior scientist from
> SUN.  this is just to give an idea of what one group decided they were
> going to do.

I'm sure we can get guest speakers if we tried.  But we're booked up
for meeting topics until something like November and people seem
pretty happy with that.  We're not starving for content.

UW (namely the CSC and CS faculty) bring in speakers who are relevant
to our community.  Heck, they brought in RMS twice in the last few
years.  It might be easier to partner with a group like the CSC to
bring in speakers of interest to our members and theirs outside our
regular meetings.  (And space wouldn't be an issue in that case, as
the CSC can easily book rooms at UW).

Darcy.