[kwlug-disc] Company sponsorship for meeting place?

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Mon Dec 21 11:38:41 EST 2009

kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org wrote on 12/21/2009 09:57:14 AM:

> From: "Insurance Squared Inc." <gcooke at insurancesquared.com>
>
> Approval from me.  My company will contribute.

Glen, Khalid, thanks for the generous offers and let me put my support
forward as well.

The group isn't set up to take money and once it does it becomes a more
costly organization in both real dollars and additional effort. It's a big
jump. As soon as we take $1 it means several thousand in incorporation and
a thousand per year or so in accounting charges.

There is also the "obligation" of the group to sponsors, like Khalid
mentioned. Microsoft would surely kick in money if we asked, but is that
what we want?

I'd say let some time pass to see if other options arise. If not then
let's ask for sponsors to contribute a location, not money.

I would have offered my conference room but it's too small for the group.