[kwlug-disc] Company sponsorship for meeting place?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Dec 21 09:46:47 EST 2009

Here is another crazy idea: can we get companies to pitch in for getting us
a rented place? Individuals can pitch in if they want to, but are not under
any obligation to do so.

The pluses: we have some cash dedicated to renting a meeting place, and
don't have to beg for a place or change our group to accommodate these
pleaces.

The minuses: some can see this as influence peddling by companies?

Our company, 2bits.com can pitch in if other companies represented in
the group will do the same and we have a large enough pool of money to cover
a year's worth of meeting.

How much depends on a) what an average place costs for a year, and b) how
many companies can pitch in.

Others who are associated with companies can followup in this thread if
their companies are willing to do the same.

Is this on the table? If so, please voice your approval/disapproval, and why
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
http://2bits.com