[kwlug-disc] (In progress) kwlug candidate meeting site sourced.

R. Brent Clements rbclemen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 21:03:40 EST 2009

Honnestly, I don't think you could sell me on the idea of KWLUG as an
outreach project.

Two more concerns:  you are committing us as individuals to
responsibilities in exchange for use of the facility. Being willing to
answer questions for newcommers or a quick demo on a laptop seems like
a lot less than the show we will be expected to put on here.  And I am
certainly not signing up to do free techsupport for a bunch of
seniors. I do that enough at my other job.

And secondly, what happens if they just aren't interrested. If our use
of the space is contingent upon their interest the average human
apathy toward how their computer works is gonna kill it.  And we do
less than three talks a year that are not completely out of the
interest range of the average computer user, skilled or not. Talks on
apache configuration are great. I am certainly interested. They really
REALLY won't be.   Seriously look at all of the presentations done
over the last years and count the ones that would be of interest to a
non-techie.

And as a much smaller note, I am not gonna tell the church folk to
make sure the daemon is running ;-)

On 12/18/09, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 05:18:22PM -0500, Darcy Casselman wrote:
>
>> 3) Something about coordinators and commitees I didn't adequately
>> understand.  Could you please clarify?
>
> In order to get the space for free, the co-ordinator at First United
> has to convince some committee (a board?) that KWLUG satisfies their
> definition of an outreach project.
>
> - Paul

Sent from my mobile device