[kwlug-disc] Decrease boot time

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 18 10:17:38 EST 2009

--- On Fri, 12/18/09, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Yes. I can do things like this. The question is whether the
> defaults are sensible. Does showing bootup messages do more harm
> than good?

In my humble opinion, they are sensitive.

Here is why
It is usually the new users and non-technical users that don't care about the boot messages, they don't even understand what they mean. If the default was to show them, they would need to find a way to turn them off.

For not-so-new users, they can easily understand the "just remove the splash on grub".

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/