[kwlug-disc] New locations brainstorming

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Dec 17 21:47:58 EST 2009

unsolited also wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm also getting a sense that food /
> facilities on meeting site isn't particularly important to attendees
> that frequent the list. I suspect people are going to go elsewhere,
> regardless of facilities present, for a beer, a bite, and gossip. [vs.
> staying on site, food or no, in several small huddles around laptops,
> mentoring victims.]

I consider the KWLUG nights to be a social event, not a professional
event (even when Raul makes it look like an LPI Cert course).  So, I'll
go anywhere for the meeting, and possibly somewhere else for sociability
afterwards.  Doesn't even have to be with beer :-P  I've been to events
where the after-meeting-meeting is at someplace like Wimpy's Burgers,
and that's OK by me.  Nowadays, having WiFi at the after-meeting-meeting
is more likely than not, and laptops come with batteries, so the
mentoring can take place anywhere.

--Bob.