[kwlug-disc] New locations brainstorming

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Dec 17 21:11:03 EST 2009

unsolicited wrote:
> Heck, I have no solid sense from the list that they even want to go
> back to the Huether.

/I/ like the Huether, and would go back in a flash if they'll have us.
I think that purchasing a beverage before the presentation for
consumption during the presentation would go a long way towards paying
our way.  I would think people are far more likely to stick around after
the meeting if they've already engaged in the social activity of sharing
food and drink during the meeting.  For those people who can't stick
around afterwards, it gives them an opportunity to contribute to the
Huether Fund too.  And those people who do stick around might buy an
extra pint.

There was some discussion about this when the Huether location was first
proposed, and there were some objections to having beer and
presentations together.  I don't recall whether that was to encourage
people to pay attention to the meeting, or whether it was a morality
issue. As for me, I find it far more distracting to be in a brewery,
surrounded by beer, and not having any :-)

--Bob.