[kwlug-disc] Decrease boot time

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 20:40:34 EST 2009

--- On Thu, 12/17/09, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> One aspect of the trend towards "Desktop Linux" that I
> really hate is that we now hide the bootup messages.

I actually like the bootup messages but when I was contributing to Puppy, there were a lot (I mean a-l-o-t) of requests for hiding them.

But this is Linux. If you don't like the bootsplash you can disable it or uninstall it.

http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2009/07/06/disable-boot-splash-ubuntu-9-04/

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices