[kwlug-disc] Benefits of using alternate firmware on Linksys WRT54G

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 10:40:01 EST 2009

I have a WRT54GS at home with the micro version of DD-WRT on it.  It's
been running flawlessly for about 2 years with it.  It has a number of
additional features that I use, including the DHCP options, which most
routers don't have.  I also have a (WRT54GL (Linux)) router.  I take
this with me when I travel to repeat weak wireless signals.

I can't really tell you much about the speed, as I have nothing to
compare it to.  I've used DD-WRT since I started using wireless. :)

I recommend just trying it, you can always download the old flash for
your router from Linksys and re-flash it.