[kwlug-disc] Desktop linux for Gramps

Gary Walsh gwalsh at notw.ca
Mon Dec 7 13:25:54 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 10:48 -0500, unsolicited wrote:

> It's noteworthy that nobody on the thread has defended Mandriva.

Well, let me do so.  I have been running Mandriva for over 10 years (and
mainly the Cooker development version) and I would take it over Ubuntu
any day.  I tried Ubuntu last year on my laptop and was disappointed at
the shortage of graphical management tools compared to Mandriva, so I
switched back.  I have been very satisfied with Mandriva and don't feel
any strong motivation to switch to anything else.  (Though I have Ubuntu
based Jolicloud on my netbook.)  I have never gotten around to trying
out Fedora or Suse, so I have no opinion on them.

--
Gary