[kwlug-disc] Desktop linux for Gramps

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Thu Dec 3 15:39:34 EST 2009

Adam Glauser wrote, On 12/03/2009 2:40 PM:
> Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
>> There is a KDE desktop sharing application. However, last I tried it,
>> it was painfully slow, even on a LAN. Not sure if it was a one off
>> thing, has been fixed or what.
>
> My experience with it was pleasant enough on a LAN, but that was at
> KDE3.  I think I've tried it with KDE4.

VNC.

Platform independent.

For when you're on vacation, and the only thing nearby is an internet
cafe. You know it's going to be Windows. (Or Mac.)

[Yes, people, it is possible to go on vacation without bringing your
laptop with you. And you'll probably be better for it. Particularly,
your special someone will thank you for it. Play it up, you sacrificed
for them, yada, yada.]

This includes blackberries. (-: