[kwlug-disc] There will be a webcast for Monday's KWLUG meeting

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 3 01:18:03 EST 2009

It's official.

I will do a webcast of Monday's KWLUG meeting.

Of course I will be live at the Heuther hotel but if you cannot make it to the meeting you can join us virtually by going to the following site:

http://rarsa.homeip.net:5080/openmeetings

All you need is a browser with flash player and functional audio on your computer. Earphones are optional but due to my "slight" accent I'd recommend them.

I want to see you all there, but I'm secretly hoping that at least a couple of people can join remotely.

Here are the instructions:

1. Go to the web site
2. Enter the credentials
User: kwlug
pass: kwlug
3. On the first page click the "Start" button
4. On the second page click the "Enter" button
5. On the Mic and camera test setup window just click "Start Conference"
6. On the top right it will show you two buttons, click on the "Start Client (HTTP)
7. At that point you will should see my desktop and hear my voice.

I'll try to bring the server up 1/2 hour before the meeting.

Disclaimer, If there are issues with the webcast I won't have time to fix them during the presentation. Unfortunately I will have to continue with the presentation to be able to cover all the material. Sometimes exiting the meeting and going in again fixes issues with the video.

Please send me any questions.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices