[kwlug-disc] interesting piece on the power of open source

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 2 12:44:14 EST 2009

--- On Wed, 12/2/09, Lori Paniak <ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com> wrote:
> Does the average computer user ever call OEM/Windows for support?  I
> thought they just called relative/neighbour/friend tech
> support.

I cannot speak for "all average computer users" only the ones I know.

Most call some kind of support when they have a problem or question. Actually in some cases that I've offered help, the response has been "I prefer to call support". The main reason: warranty.

In general, Dell got a lot of pressure to improve their consumer level desktop support. That tells me that people call.