[kwlug-disc] OT: Hardware question (hypothetical)

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Tue Aug 25 08:54:43 EDT 2009

Which CPUs have pins now? All the ones I see now are solder balls. The cpu sockets have somthing like pins. They can be easily damaged by running a finger over them.

I've straigthened pins on ols CPUs before. I used a knife edge and very carefully pushed tham back into place. In my case there was one or two.

John Van Ostrand CTO, co-CEO
Net Direct Inc
564 Weber St. N. Unit 12
Waterloo, ON N2L 5C6