[kwlug-disc] OT: Recycling / Donating / Dumping (non-computer)

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Aug 19 15:37:04 EDT 2009

Greetings. I know it's off topic, but perhaps someone knows.

I have a houseful of stuff to dispose of. Literally. Sorry, no
computer stuff.

Does anyone know of a (community) list of places that accept donations
/ stuff to be recycled. Sort of a one document list of 'this stuff can
go there', 'that stuff can go there', and so on and so forth.

Salvation Army is an example of something that would go on that list,
but they don't take everything, and they don't pick up. I'd like to
short list the number of 'vendors' that will take the stuff, from the
current list of 'anybody who will take it.'

So, I'm looking for a list of places, not places to add to the list.

Similarly:
- anybody have a favourite 'got junk' type firm that picks up for free?
- anybody got a favourite 'personal contents appraiser' - we haven't a
clue as to what's worth what, to know what to send to sally ann, what
to send to the dump, and what to try and sell - let alone the means by
which to sell it.
- anybody got a favourite 'auctioneer' by which we can just get rid of
the house contents in one fell swoop?

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions, and sorry for the off-topic post.