[kwlug-disc] OT - SCSI Drive source

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Aug 18 15:26:20 EDT 2009

Sourcing SCSI, locally, retail, may be problematic. You might try
tigerdirect.ca - if nothing else you could ballpark availability and
prices.

Perhaps an opportunity to move away from SCSI? (I like the idea of
being able to pop down to a local store when 1 drive of a RAID fails,
and not pay an arm and a leg for it in that desperate/emergency
situation. I suspect SCSI no longer qualifies, in favour of SATA II.)

If you just need 1 drive to get the array going until you can do
something else with it, perhaps Charles / The Working Centre can help
you out. I don't imagine they put out SCSI if they can avoid it, but I
expect they'll have more than a few to hand from corporate donations.