[kwlug-disc] why would you do "apt-get dist-upgrade" regularly?

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Aug 16 13:36:03 EDT 2009

Rob,

You might also like to install the packages:
apt-listbugs [1]
  which will list bug which are open on packages that you are installing or upgrading with apt-get

apt-file [2]
  which will give you a list of all the files that are part of a particular package. (Mentioned in the list a few months ago I believe.)

Andrew

[1] apt-listbugs http://packages.debian.org/lenny/apt-listbugs
[2] apt-file http://packages.debian.org/lenny/apt-file