[kwlug-disc] Is SVN good enough?

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Fri Aug 14 23:05:54 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 09:23:26PM -0400, unsolicited wrote:
> Interesting. However, by backup, I mean bare metal restore. i.e. /
> (and everything underneath it). (While somehow solving the problem of
> attempting to backup oneself in the process of backing up oneself.)

Well, I suppose you could git your whole system too, even putting the
repo dir on a remote machine, possibly via NFS.

Never done it though, and people could possibly blame you for overkill.

Although I have read of one guy putting an entire virtual windows system
in git, with linux as the host, so I'm sure there are folks out there
abusing git in this way. :-)  He claimed virus cleaning was a simple
matter of git-revert. :-)

	http://www.advogato.org/person/apenwarr/diary/475.html

- Chris