[kwlug-disc] Image Comparison

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Tue Aug 11 21:48:42 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 08:32:52PM -0400, Chris Irwin wrote:
> The issues are that there ARE duplicated file names in each
> set("mom.jpg" for example), so I can't do a simple `find | uniq` combo.
> File sums are also different as tags are stored in EXIF data so
> something like fslint won't work as it just compares sums based on the
> whole file.

Perhaps try the djpeg program from the libjpeg-progs package (debian)
which decompresses the image to PNM format.  Do this with all your files,
and then compare the data, or just the checksums:

	for f in all/6000/*.jpg ; do
		echo "$(sha1sum <(djpeg $f) | sed "s/ .*$//")  $f" >> /tmp/global-list.txt
	done

	sort global-list.txt

- Chris