[kwlug-disc] (Home) External Storage?

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 11:23:04 EDT 2009

I just have a mirrored set of 1 Tb drives, with an external 1 Tb USB
that data gets rsynced to. No issues with RAID 5 corruption, and in
case of emergency, I just grab the 1 Tb and run. If you need more
space, they have 2 Tb drives. This set up is robust, but out of three
1 Tb drives, I only get 1 drive of actual usable space. I have had
enough data loss with RAID 5 over my life. If you use RAID 0, 5 or 6,
remember to keep reliable backups!

Just my two cents. (Again)

Sent from my mobile device