[kwlug-disc] CD burning problem

Eric Gerlach eric+kwlug at gerlach.ca
Mon Apr 20 20:23:37 EDT 2009

I've heard of a problem where the DVD has to be padded out to a full block when
its burned, and the extra zeroes throw off the MD5.  If you really want to be
sure, you should be able to diff the two, e.g.:

$ diff /dev/cdrom /path/to/iso/file

It'll take a while, but you'll know your answer for sure... I think.

Then again, this is just a problem I've heard of, so I have no idea whether I'm
even on the right track.  Hopefully someone else can back me up.

Cheers,

Eric