[kwlug-disc] Compaq Servers (pick up)

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:45:23 EDT 2009

Hi all. We got a big donation of Compaq rackmount PII and PIII servers (some
are Xeon) and I'm looking to get rid of them so we can make some space in
Computer Recycling. If anyone wants one please just email me, leave me a
message at (519)743-1151 x121, or just come pick them up at Computer
Recycling (the door is on Charles Street or go to the front of the 58 Queen
Street location of The Working Centre - across the street from the cafe) and
the receptionist can direct you down to Computer Recycling. The servers are
all quite heavy. Some have 1 CPU, others have 2 to 4. Not sure if every one
had RAM and none have the SCSI drives.

There is a mix of Compaq systems including:

Compaq 3000
Compaq PL 1600R's
Compaq DL580's
Compaq ML370's

I also have some empty storage arrays. We're almost out of space so I just
need to get rid of them ASAP. I know a couple of places that might be able
to help with the drives. I think most have RAM, but you're welcome to set
them up and test them here. The quicker they go the better...

Cheers

Charles McColm