[kwlug-disc] [OT] [Fwd: Many activities at the CRTC that can affect you, the consumer...

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Apr 14 23:07:44 EDT 2009

Beat me to it by minutes!  This is something that's not so much a LUG
thing as an Internet freedom thing...

Today is the last day for comment submissions to the CTRC about Bell's
Usage Based Billing proposal. While the message below came from an
independent ISP, Teksavvy, the UBB proposal affects all DSL Internet
users, even those who use Bell Sympatico.

While UBB is distasteful all by itself, Bell proposes to apply Usage
Based Billing and bandwidth caps to all DSL users, even those who are
not Bell customers.

Submissions are supposed to be in by midnight, but that's still four
hours from now in Vancouver...

There's heavy discussion in the DSLReports forums, with people posting
their comment submissions online

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22234570-FYI-Email-sent-to-clients-
about-Usage-Based-Billing

On 14 Apr 2009 at 22:59 Eric Gerlach <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> wrote
about "[kwlug-disc] [OT] [Fwd: Many activi[...]"