[kwlug-disc] sed + bash

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Fri Apr 3 15:22:07 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 03:07:57PM -0400, Richard Weait wrote:
> Any thoughts on what that bash and sed invocation might look like?

I'm a big sed and bash fan, but in this case, I think it would be easier
to use something a bit more programmatic, like awk or perl.

The reason is because you need to increment inside the file, and incrementing
things in sed is hard, whereas incrementing in awk or perl is easy.

Someone with more XML-fu than me might be able to give you a proper XML
or xslt-something command to do this.

- Chris