[kwlug-disc] General Thunderbird development ?

Adam Glauser adamglauser at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 10:14:27 EST 2008

Insurance Squared Inc. wrote:
> I'm thinking John's solution may be the way to go.  If I just put a
> button on thunderbird that says 'send this email to the database', then
> as client emails come in, I just hit the button and it gets pushed to
> the database over the network.  The database can then just import the
> email basically as a static text file and attach it to the record.

This may not avoid messing with email complexity in the long run either.
  For example, what about attachments? HTML mail <shudder>?  In any
case, you'll probably want to arrange things so that mail message you
store in the database can be accessed using a mail reader rather than
trying to have your CRM software display the message.

HTH,
Adam