[kwlug-disc] General Thunderbird development ?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Dec 19 14:12:48 EST 2008

Is this another case of (a) wonderful functionality out there; (b) if
you don't do it the 'one true way', or customize it, you end up with
perpetual aggravation and irritation; (c) you must adapt to it, it
will not adapt to you; (d) no, it / the flow / the interface / doesn't
make sense, unless you sink yourself into the programmer's mindset,
then back your way out to how the user has to do it?; (e) there's far
richer functionality in there than you want or need, and you must
degrade the user experience just because it's there.

Time and time again I see this.

E-mail, contact management, MICROSOFT OFFICE / Open Office, Firefox,
Palm, support tickets, probably CRM and groupware too.