[kwlug-disc] FLOSS Fund Nominee: W3C Validator Donation Program

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Dec 16 21:44:24 EST 2008

Hello to the Shadowy Cabal:  I'd like to nominate the W3C's Validator Donation Program as
a potential recipient of FLOSS Fund funds.  W3C is certainly an agency that endorses
Libre-ness and standards.  The Validator can be (should be!) used by anyone who builds Web
pages, and is completely free (both as beer and speech): http://validator.w3.org/source/

W3C Validator Donation Program details are at http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools/Donate and a
discussion on the program is at
http://www.w3.org/QA/2008/12/validator_donation_program.html

Sadly, the KWLUG FLOSS Fund Nominee page on the Web Site is broken:
http://kwlug.org/node/add/nominee gives an "Access Denied" message, whether I'm logged in
or not.

And I thought we had a discussion on Floss Fund nominations just recently (how-to, why-to
&c), but now I can't find it in the archives.

--Bob.