[kwlug-disc] Buying online

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Dec 11 18:11:23 EST 2008

I don't want to say that all buying online is perilous or fraudulent.

After that incident with the smart phone from Montreal that I never
received, I bought another one a few tens of dollars more plus shipping
from the SUA, again via eBay. No issues.

I bought memory far cheaper than anywhere else from eBay, years
apart. It takes 14 days to arrive, but is very very cheap and never
had issues with it. I bought other stuff, including tape drives, tape
cartridges, ...etc. No issues.

The other one issue I had on eBay was a Pentium II years ago that
did not work, perhaps a compatibility issue with the motherboard.
Returning it to the USA would have cost more than what it is worth,
so I just ate up the $16 or so I paid for it.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.