[kwlug-disc] FLOSS Fund proposal promises

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Dec 11 01:46:35 EST 2008

Last meeting I ruthlessly extorted some FLOSS Fund nominations from
the audience. Now it is time to pony up. Please make nomination posts
(here or on the websites) with the following information:

    * The name of the project, and its URL
    * A short description of what makes this project cool, and why it is
      worth supporting.
    * Verification that we can give this project money.

Here is the list of extortees that I've got.

  - Lori: OpenVPN
  - Richard: ALSA
  - William? : Vim
  - Raul: Puppy Linux
  - Richard: mplayer/VLC
  - John Kerr: Ogg Vorbis

Get some stuff up there, or I will:
  a. Make you justify why Windows is apparently unable to hold print jobs by default
  b. Cry
  c. Nominate something horrible like memtest86 so we have a project for January

Everybody else: you can be extortees too. It's easy! If you read this e-mail carefully I bet you can figure out how to do it.

- Paul