[kwlug-announce] KWLUG Meeting Monday: Video downloaders, Mosquitto (Sept 2024)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Sep 7 13:03:08 EDT 2024

Two months ago Sam Zhang gave us a presentation on download tools for
Linux. As part of that discussion the issue of video download tools
came up, so this month Sam is giving us a followup presentation on
video download tools, including the rise and fall of youtube-dl and
the usurper to the throne, yt-dlp. In addition to storytelling he will
cover some useful options for these tools.

Internet of Things presentations are always popular around KWLUG.
Gordon Dey will tell us about his adventures getting a transceiver to
talk over the MQTT protocol. He will tell us how he ended up here and
what he needed to do to get things working.

We will likely have a restaurant meetup this month, but I do not have
details. You can check the website for updates, or wait for Andrew to
announce the restaurant meetup before it happens.

If you use Linux, there is a good chance you like obsolete things. If
you like obsolete things, there is a good chance you might like the
World of Retro Computing Expo, happening Sept 14 and 15 in downtown
Kitchener. Admission is free. Get more details here:
https://worldofretrocomputing.com/2024-worc-expo

As per the New Normal, our meeting will be hybrid. You can join online
at https://webconference.kwlug.org/room/kwlug , or in-person at LIB
329 at the Dana Porter library at the University of Waterloo. The
meeting starts at 7pm.

- Paul