[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: Homelab Demo, PrivacySafe (Mar 2023)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Mar 4 19:32:26 EST 2023

Dear peeps (and other marshmallowy friends),

Do you love enterprise hardware? Do you want the status and prestige
of running a datacenter out of your house?  In the wintertime, do you
prefer heating your home with CPU fan exhaust instead of a furnace?
Then maybe a homelab is for you! Jason Paul will tell us a little bit
about his homelab. What is in it? What does he use it for? How does it
spark joy in his life? What do you need to do if you want to be as
cool as he is? Attend his presentation and find out!

Do you love privacy? Do you want the status and prestige of running
your own devices that contain your own data? In the wintertime, do you
want to wrest control of your private data from the gnarled clutches
of Big Tech companies? Then maybe PrivacySafe is for you! Mikalai
Birukou has been developing security-preserving protocols for several
years now, and those 3NWeb protocols are used in a client system
called PrivacySafe. Mikalai will demonstrate PrivacySafe and what you
can do with it.

In other news, the restaurant-aficionado faction of KWLUG has
organized an in-person restaurant get together for this Wednesday,
March 8. This will again be held at McCabe's Kitchener, and you can
RSVP to dinner at kwlug.org if you would like to attend. See details
here: https://kwlug.org/node/1321

In other other news, our webhost switched servers recently. Everything
should be working more-or-less normally now, but if you notice
anything strange with our website or mailing lists, please let us
know.

That's all I got. See you online this Monday?

https://webconference.kwlug.org/room/kwlug

The meeting starts at 7pm. Virtual doors open around 6:45pm. Drop in
and we can gossip.

- Paul
--
Events: https://feeds.off-topic.kwlug.org