[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: Shell Scripts, JOSM (Sept 2017)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sun Sep 10 02:24:56 EDT 2017

Is your life too perfect? Are things going too well? Tim Laurence has
a suggestion for you: write some shell scripts. In a few simple lines
of code you too can create works of shell art full of security holes
and subtle bugs. During Monday's presentation Tim will share all kinds
of tips and tricks we can use to ruin our lives via shell scripts, and
if we are a good audience maybe he will tell us how to avoid ruining
our lives that way.

In a more uplifting topic, Andrew Cant would like to show us how to
map things. Andrew has been playing with JOSM, the OpenStreetMap
editor, and he will share what he has learned.

These presentations will start around 7pm.

After a slowish August events are picking up again, but I don't have
anything in particular to plug. You can keep up with the latest events
at http://watcamp.com, or get a newsletter of events mailed to you via
the Watcamp newsletter:

Our meeting will be held at the usual (for now) location:

St John's Kitchen
97 Victoria Street North
(at Weber)
Kitchener

There are maps and pictures of the location at http://kwlug.org/sjk .
There is bike parking at the side of the building and car parking in
the thrift store parking lot. Doors open around 6:30pm, and setup
helpers are welcome.

Note that this month there will likely not be a cellphone number to
call if you get here late, so let's hope the doorbell works (or you
can arrive no later than 7:30pm or so).

- Paul
--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org