[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: C, webOS (Dec 2016)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Dec 2 22:39:52 EST 2016

This month features presentations from web to shining C.

C is a programming language. I guess it's kind of popular? Maybe you
are reading this email using software written in it. Rumour has it
that certain Linux kernels you know and love may also be written in
it. First-time presenter Colin Mills likes C, and would like to share
his enthusiasm with you. He will lead us through a tutorial/overview
of the language.

webOS is an operating system based around certain Linux kernels you
know and love. It was initially developed by Palm (remember Palm?) for
use in PDAs, but over the years it has morphed into an operating
system for televisions, smart watches. Chris Irwin was feeling
nostalgic and decided to revisit webOS for his old Palm devices. He
will share his insights with us.

I guess I have mentioned this before, but oh well: KW Linux Fest is
happening on Saturday January 28 2017, and registration is now open:
http://kwlinuxfest.ca .

This month's meeting will be held at the usual location:

St John's Kitchen
97 Victoria St North
(at Weber)
Kitchener

See http://kwlug.org/sjk for maps and pictures. The doors open around
6:30pm, and setup help is always appreciated. The meeting starts at
7:00pm.

- Paul
--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org