[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: Sound in Linux, Continued (May 2016)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 29 23:14:42 EDT 2016

It is almost May, which means that it is almost time for our monthly
KWLUG meeting. This month professional audio-wrangler R. Brent Clements
will continue demonstrating sound creation and editing tools for
Linux. During last November's presentation he showed off several ways
to hook up audio equipment, as well as some neat demos (including an
impressive synthesized pipe organ). He has lots of additional material
to share, and he will do so starting at 7pm.

As always, there are lots of other events happening in the region, and
the Watcamp calendar at http://watcamp.com does a great job of listing
them.

April's Laptop Rescue Mission was deferred due to illness, so we will
be running another session on Saturday, May 14 from 4-8pm, at Computer
Recycling. If you would like to help out please let me know.

That's all I got, except for the location.

St John's Kitchen
97 Victoria Street North
(at Weber)
Kitchener

It's almost May, so maybe some of you will be cycling? If so you can
park your bicycles alongside the building. If you are driving a car
then don't chain it to the side of the building though; instead, use
the thrift store parking lot. Find more meeting information at
http://kwlug.org/sjk

Doors open around 6:30pm, and the meeting starts at 7pm. Setup helpers
are always welcome.

- Paul
--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org