[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: GnuCash

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sun May 3 01:10:42 EDT 2009

Oh money. Why do you disappear so fast? I put you in my wallet and you
evaporate. I deposit you in my bank account and you vanish. I never
know where you go. Then I feel lonely and impoverished.

If I go to to this month's KWLUG meeting, I'll understand you better.
Raul will be talking about GnuCash, a financial management program for
homes and small businesses. Raul switched to GnuCash after Quicken
locked him out of his own financial data a few years ago, and he has
never looked back. He'll start presenting at 7pm.

Assuming you don't completely disappear from my wallet before the
meeting, maybe I will put you to some good use by contributing to this
month's FLOSS Fund entry: the Vim text editor (which, incidentally, I
am using to write this letter...). Last month KWLUG members generously
donated $87.01 to Puppy Linux.

As usual, the meeting will be held at The Working Centre:

43 Queen Street South
Kitchener
(Between King and Charles Streets)

There are maps and photos of the meeting location on the website.

- Paul